The Honor Factor!
Honor originates in our hearts and refers to the value we personally place on something or someone. Honor the Lord from your wealth and the first of all your produce. First fruits is another way of speaking of the tithe. The tenth is taken off the top, rather than the leftovers. I want you to see a progression here:
- Honor God
- Greater understanding to Produce More
As Charismatic believers, we teach this verse “Give to God and money will fall from the sky.” Hebraically, God blesses me with knowledge that produces increase. I honor Him with the first fruits of the increase and God gives more knowledge and wisdom, which produces more increase!
God told Abraham:
“I will bless you and make you a blessing.”
God began to reveal Himself and His plan for Abraham to Abraham. This was the blessing to Abraham. As he moved on that knowledge and began to walk with God, it opened the door for Abraham to bless the world.
God’s One Door Policy
Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this,” says the Lord of hosts, “if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows. Then I will rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not destroy the fruits of the ground; nor will your vine in the field cast its grapes,” says the Lord of hosts. “All the nations will call you blessed, for you shall be a delightful land,” says the Lord of hosts.
Malachi 3:10-12 (NASB)
The main story of Malachi is that the people left the knowledge of God. The Levites stopped preaching the truth. Israel had profaned the holiness of God. Marriages were falling apart. There was no longer righteous judgment in Israel.
The cure was:
- Start teaching the pure and holy ways of God again (Levites and Teachers).
- Truth will begin healing marriages, restoring society and bring against righteous judgments.
- The response to receiving truth is to tithe to honor God for that truth.
- The honor given to God opens the windows of Heaven to receive more truth and revelation PLUS God will start commanding the enemy to back off so you can produce more!
I would highly recommend Foundations of Biblical Prosperity – A KIB Seminar by Dr. Michael K. Lake. Dr. Lake has really opened my eyes on biblical prosperity.
It seems that everyone is talking about prosperity today in the Body of Christ. Many have reduced prosperity down to just money, but the Bible says so much more. Learn about the two systems in the world today that produce prosperity:
- One is from God that encompasses all areas of life, and
- The other is from Mystery Babylon that reduces prosperity down to mammon while consuming every area of life.
It is time to learn that biblical prosperity has to deal with so much more than just money: it is walking in the Kingdom and the blessings of God!